Monday, October 19, 2009

Big Big Girl

You know, I'm all for giving up your time to help others and altruism, but sometimes people need to set aside time for themselves.

It's selfish to take time to yourself and not care about anything else.. FALSE.

I mean, goodness gracious once in a while BE SELFISH! It's human nature. It doesn't make you a bad person, it makes you human. What's wrong with being human?
Okay, most humans are stupid, ignorant, and half the time they don't know much beyond what the box with the moving pictures tell them about the world (although now a days that box is flat and has high definition images and sound.. love technology).

But that's not my point, my point is that if you don't take care of yourself or really take some time away to just be with yourself, your thoughts, and your needs, how are you going to be able to save others?

Can doctor's save lives if they themselves are the ones who are sick?
Are you any good to someone else if you can't save yourself?
And if you don't know how to save yourself, is saving others making up for what you can't do for yourself? In that case, is it more for the people you're saving, or is it for yourself? Is that itself a selfish act?

In my opinion, those who are so desperate to help others are the ones in need of help themselves. Hiding behind the selfless acts doesn't make things any better. Yeah, it's a temporary fix, good for the community, and makes you look and feel real good about things.

Help others, but do it for the right reasons. There's a difference between favors and actually helping someone through a selfless act. Favors, you can expect something back.. You can't expect something in return when you give up something willingly without being asked (I'm branching off on a tangent now... I'll revisit this another day :P)

(Anyways..)

Even those who are the best of all Superheros found time to make some time and happiness for themselves.

Superman, even though he's technically an alien, had his Fortress of Solitude and Lois Lane.
Spider-Man had his photography and Mary Jane.

We as humans are selfish by nature. Deal with it.
But fight it and learn not to succumb to it all the time.

These are the late night thoughts I have. Whether or not they make sense doesn't matter to me. I just have to get them out before I sleep.

CURRENTLY LISTENING TO:


ASIAN. OUT.

No comments: