Windows 7 is sweet.
I’m updating my blog from my desktop. I never even have to sign in to blog! This is awesome! :)
Well, I hope everyone is having a great break so far! I had a couple of run ins with my dear friend, awkwardness, but I’m starting to accept it as a regular thing when I get with old friends (although I don’t think I should be accepting something like that..) That’s just the beauty of life I suppose. Things can’t always feel perfectly in place. How boring would that be. These are the life lessons I need to learn. Heartbreaks, break-ups, the consequences that follow, they all have something to offer. It’s character building at the very least.
All I have to say (rant-alert)..
Hearts eventually mend, some take longer than others. It’s definitely not fair that things work out like that. Feelings fade while others grow stronger. Why does it happen so many times in one lifetime? I find that it’s a learning process that teaches both people much needed things about themselves, each other, and love.
Love isn’t easy. It’s easy to feel light-headed, get butterflies, smile at the thought of this other person, and ultimately fall. It’s not something you have to work at. Falling in love is simple, but being in love and staying in love.. that’s hard to maintain. We are always changing in both subtle and obvious ways. Our dreams change and goals shift. We acquire different tastes, change our priorities, and find that we are not the same as we once were just years ago. This is where love finds that fork in the road. Which road do you take? Do you embark on your own journey or share one with the one you love? There are plenty more forks after that first one and sometimes it doesn’t work out. There’s no use turning back when you’ve gone this far though. There’s only the road ahead and plenty of paths to take on your own before it crosses with another person. Then it repeats itself with the hope that this time with all the knowledge and wisdom of the past, it’ll work out and you’ll never have to journey alone again.
Once in awhile though, people find the right person and it’s not so hard. I call these people soul mates (oh yes, they exist :P).
::End Rant::
I’ve been thinking a lot about these things. I guess with all these get togethers with friends, it just forces me to think on the topic a bit more. I’m no expert on love, but that’s all I can gather from my experiences.
I’m hoping this new path I’m taking works out.. I like where it’s going :)
Goodnight and Happy Holidays Everyone!
CURRENTLY LISTENING TO:
ASIAN. OUT.

1 comment:
amen sistah!
Post a Comment