There have been countless lessons that I've learned in my 21 years of life.
Sometimes, I learn lessons too late.
At that point, apologizing is the right thing to do and, the very least, what the person deserves. But most of the time people don't want to listen because getting hurt leaves behind scars that remind them of bad memories and it's not so easy to open up again. I know because I've been there, but I've learned to forgive and let go.
I guess I'm just tired of wanting to apologize. I should actually do it. Face to face. To those I've hurt, if they'll let me, that is, because I know that there are times when apologies just aren't enough for the magnitude of pain that's been inflicted.
We'll see where this takes me.
There's mistakes that I have made,
Some chances I just threw away,
Some roads,
I never should've taken,
Been some signs I didn't see,
Hearts that I hurt needlessly,
Some wounds,
That I wish I could have one more chance to mend,
But it don't make no difference,
The past can't be rewritten,
You get the life you're given,
Oh, some pages turned,
Some bridges burned,
But there were,
Lessons learned
Thursday, December 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment