Things A Mama Don't Know - Mica Roberts
So I title my blogs after songs.. This one happens to be a country song, but I still like it.
I wanted to blog for Mother's Day because I think my mom is smokin' cool. Despite all the angry teenage bouts I've had with her throughout the past couple of years, I know she's going to love me no matter what I do. And I will love my mom with my whole heart, broken or happily whole, every day of my life. She's taught me about life, love, and myself. I'm grateful to have such a beautiful and strong mother.
I remember when my first day of preschool.. I was four. My mom took me to some foreign building and I was so scared, but I felt safe with her. When it came time for her to leave.. I didn't let go. I was one of those kids who had separation anxiety. Everyday my mom would stay with me for ten or fifteen minutes before she said that she had to go to the bathroom or something. She'd leave and I would cry and nap and cry some more. In those ten or fifteen minutes she stayed with me, I remember being so happy and safe. And even though she lied to me and left.. I still ran into her arms when she got home every night from work. Talk about unconditional love :D By the way.. I only went to pre school for four days :P
When I came to UCI, my mom and dad came with me to help me move in all my stuff. It was a lot like preschool all over again, except I wasn't attached physically to my mom this time around (and I've stayed longer than four days). When they got into the car and drove away, that's when I felt a little less safe and scared for awhile. But if my mom taught me anything, its how to be strong in times where I feel helpless and alone.
That's what I've tried to remember these days when I've been feeling helpless about all the things going on around me. So far it's helped me pull through.
So thanks Mommy..
For everything you've done and continue to do.
For loving me despite my obvious flaws and teenage angst.
Happy Mother's Day!
ASIAN. OUT.
Sunday, May 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment