Thursday, April 23, 2009

Sitting, Waiting, Wishing

So as of right now, I'm sitting in the library.. "Working" :P

I can't help but think that I'm a real failure sometimes. I mean I know people are going to tell me, "No, Christina, you're not." Then they'll proceed to look at me with a facial expression that implies that I'm being dramatic and just want reassurance that I'm not a complete idiot because I lack self-esteem (I don't actually know who actually does this.. but I imagine that's how it would go down).

That's not it though. I've got plenty self-esteem.. most of the time. I know I've accomplished some good things in my life, but lately I haven't felt the drive and motivation I used to have to push me above and beyond the minimal requirements. I used to want to be the best in every aspect of my life. I had a lot of curiosity and actually enjoyed learning about new things.. with enthusiasm. Now all I want to do is curl up in my warm blanket, watch TV dramas, and sleep. My mind was fried last quarter and I don't know how to cool it down and start over. It's taking a toll on my academics and my social life. This new progression (or rather regression) of my personal evolution is failing.. and I need to fix it.

Work is over.. Time for me to go back to Anaheim.

Asian. Out.

No comments: