Alas, 2009 is here.
And with it, I'm expecting plenty of good times, changes, and lessons to learn :)
Looking back on 2008 and all the events that took place in the past year, I think it was a pretty good chapter in my life.. particularly the second half of the year. College had a lot to do with that.
Highlight of 2008?
Graduating. Four years of fun, heartbreak, mischief, and knowledge all summed up with a silly oversized gown and a cardboard hat accompanied with plenty of tears, hugs, and big smiles. Just the way I had imagined it.. :P Sitting there with people I'd spent four years with, I realized that there's a really big world out there. Each and everyone of those Savanna seniors were going somewhere for better or worse. Some were going far and some were staying close to home. It hit me that this little world that I built and tried to perfect for four years was going to be ripped open and scattered everywhere and I was scared. But after the ceremony and ten long minutes of fighting off chaotic crowds of proud parents (which just made me even more scared), I found my friends and I felt safe. And I understood at that moment I had no reason to be scared. My real friends were going to be there for me after everything, especially after surviving mobs of parents :P I'm very thankful for those who have stayed in my life after graduation. Life after high school shows you who your real friends are and although I've lost a few.. I'm glad I have the ones I do now.
Not only was graduation a highlight in that aspect.. It also marked the beginning of a new chapter of my life. I've met so many great people at Irvine. I forgot that there are actually genuine people in the world rather than the same old superficial teenagers I ran into during high school. I'm really thankful for those friends as well.. They make me feel like I belong somewhere and I'm glad they can put up with me.. :P
Worst of 2008?
Wasting my time with people who didn't give a damn about me. Particularly one person, whom I gave my all too and I got shut out and ignored. I guess for good reason, but it hurt. I'm glad it happened though.. I was only being chained down by something that was bringing me misery everyday I was still involved with it.
I'm not too proud of the way I acted at the beginning of 2008 either. I took a lot of things for granted and wasn't very mature about certain situations. I guess you can only learn from the mistakes you've made in the past..
And a year later..
I woke up and looked in the mirror.. and first of all, I didn't look my best, but I'm pretty satisfied with that person in the mirror. I'm not perfect, but I'm happy. Two years ago, I wasn't so proud of myself or my decisions.
2009 is going to be different.
Here's to a great new year! :)
ASIAN. OUT.
Thursday, January 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment